Green Economy & Trade
[ The subject of Green Economy & Trade is vast. This article is written down on the basic awareness & introduction. ]
What is the ‘Green’ concept?
Now a day, greater awareness is increasing in energy & environment conservation throughout the world. The concept has been widely accepted due to increasing of more population & industrialization so the higher side of energy demand, shortage of energy sources, uncertainties of future resources, continuous increasing energy cost. And one is the very important factor how to control the environmental pollution, & imbalance of nature; due to burning of coal, oil & other fossil fuel for power generation, transportation, & industrial use etc.
For the above consideration in mind, green concept is the practice of efficient use of energy, consume less water, conserve natural resources, and generate less waste. And create spaces for healthy and comfortable living& pollution free environment, throughout a life cycle from start to end.
What is the "Green Economy"?
Its simplest expression, in techno-commercial development to reduce carbon emissions and pollution, enhance energy and resource efficiency, & prevent the loss of bio diversity & ecosystem services. And it can contribute to economic growth, the creation of decent jobs, social equity, & poverty reduction.
Who initiate & When started the green concept?
United Nation Environment Program (UNEP) - Led Green Initiative, launched in late 2008, consists of several components is to provide the analytics and policy support for investing in economic sectors, that build on and enhance the earth’s natural capital or reduce ecological and environmental risks. The UNEP assessed & focuses on the 11 sectors of the green economy.
The UNEP Initiative includes three sets of activities for Green Economy
- Producing a Green Economy Report and related research materials, which will analyze the macroeconomic, sustainability, and poverty reduction implications of green investment in a range of trade.
- Providing advisory services on ways to move towards a green economy in specific countries.
- Engaging a wide range of research, non-governmental organizations, and business and UN partners in implementing the Green Economy Initiative.
The UNEP was assessed & focuses on the 11 Trade for a green economy
The lead agency of the UNEP, and coordinates events worldwide to celebrate the World Environment Day [WED] with various themes & host country of each year, 5th Jun.
In the year’s 2012, Brazil was the host country for WED, & theme was 'Green Economy: Does It Include you?' reflects widespread recognition of the Green Economy as the new pathway to a low-carbon, resource-efficient, and sustainable twenty-first century.
More importantly, as Brazil, countries across the globe emerge from deep economic recession, it emphasizes the need for a Green Economy that is not just inclusive, but also addresses social equity and dramatically improved environmental management as integral outcomes of economic growth.
What is Green Trade?
Green trade is nothing but it is a pollution free product & services. It is also known as / Green Marketing / Green Job / Green Services / Green Project, etc.
Manufacturing for Green Product
It is no big secret that the industry can manufacture green product with following consideration.
- Use a natural source of raw material.
- Use EE. Technology& Green energy – Solar, wind, biogas, biomass, waste recovery, etc.
- Use less water.
- Use Eco friendly engineering / utilities / services / process for product manufacturing.
- Minimum loss of environment during product manufacturing, during installation, product use.
- To get Health benefit during use of the product.
- Product to be reused & recyclable.
- Putting the label as 'Eco Friendly Product' on product & on its packing.
- After use & the end of product, it should be naturally absorbed in an environment.
- Green product, also known as 'Eco product' or 'Eco friendly product' or 'Pollution free product'.
Sample comparisons of green & non-green product.
- By 2008, over 2.3 million people in green jobs were employed in six leading countries (China, Denmark, Germany, India, Spain, and the United States). The Green Economy is not just an environmental fad, but is one of the best solutions available for sustainable economic growth. Last few years, observed 34 % economic growth in green trades.
- Practically speaking, Green Economy is nothing but it is a pollution free products or Eco product, growth in income & employment,
- And an environmentally responsible and energy efficient resources throughout a life cycle from start to end & again end to start i.e. for 3R - Reduce, Reuse & Recycle for any product/ process /project.
- Now a day, green concept is a feel as new, but it is not a new, as per historical information; thousand years of ago our social life was 100 % eco-friendly.
- Green technology is the only solution for today & futures survive. This is a need of time.
- A Green Energy & Environment is our life! Please do the conservation and encourage for other. It is our moral responsibility.
Complied bySN. Bhamare – Project Consultant
Mob. - 09422754999.
Email. - email@example.com
Web. - www.etech.org.in