Need for Green Energy & Eco-Infra for Building Project
[ The subject of green concept is vast. This article written down on the basic introduction of Green Energy & Ecological Infrastructure for Building Project for Industrial & Commercial of SME. ]
What is the 'Green' concept?
Now a day, greater awareness is increasing in energy & environment conservation throughout the world. The concept has been widely accepted due to increasing of more population & industrialization so the higher side of energy demand, shortage of energy sources, uncertainties of future resources, continuous increasing energy cost. And one is the very important factor how to control the environmental pollution, & imbalance of nature; due to burning of coal, oil & other fossil fuel for power generation, transportation,& industrial use etc.
For the above consideration in mind, green concept is the practice of efficient use of energy, consume less water, conserve natural resources, and generate less waste. And create spaces for healthy and comfortable living & pollution free environment, throughout a life cycle from start to end.
Who is initiate & when started the green concept?
United Nation Environment Program (UNEP) - Led Green Initiative, launched in late 2008, consists of several components is to provide the analytics and policy support for investing in economic sectors, that build on and enhance the earth’s natural capital or reduce ecological and environmental risks. The UNEP is assessed on the 11 sectors of the green economy.
With all above this in mind, & observed the potential for reducing energy consumption by adopting energy efficiency measures in various sectors. Energy efficiency will need to create a new generation capacity and result in more environmental benefit in terms of reduced greenhouse gas emission.
Many national & international organizations (Energy & Environment) worldwide discussed with:industry, government, research, academia, regional and nongovernmental organizations representing all stakeholders, including consumers and SME enterprises. Promoting efficient use of energy and environment conservation in general public hearing. Confirm to enforce & implement by following the different statutory rules and regulations, national & international standards.
- Integrated STD. of energy & environment for green building as per ISO.
- UNEP guideline.
- ISO 14000: Environmental management.
- ISO 50001: Energy management system [EnMS: 2011].
- IS / ISO 50001: As per Indian Standard, [ICS 27.010, & MED 39: Energy Management Sectional Committee] are same as per ISO 50001.
- Leadership In Energy & Environment Design – LEED Certification Rating.
- Energy Conservation Act 2001.
- Energy Conservation Building Code [ECBC-BEE].
- Indian Green Building Council [IGBC].
- National Electrical Code [NEC].
- National Building Code [NBC].
- Good Engineering Practice (GEP).
- Green Act under preparation from Govt. of India. Green norms are already established.
At the time of any project planning, nobody considering operating expenses on energy & building. Where the purchase of cheaper technology & inefficient equipment, & its' installation / construction, no more information on this concept. There is high wastage, losses of energy & environment. This type of industry's increase production cost due to operating expenses of energy. Such cost can reduce by adopting by 'green energy & eco-infrastructure for building project by following way of systems.
The Sun, Wind, Water, Earth & Sky (Panch Maha Urja); these are the natural primary sources of energy. It is known as green energy.
And is also called as
- Alternative Energy.
- Renewable Energy.
- Clean Energy.
- Non-Conventional Energy.
The some, following type of green energy sources
- Solar energy.
- Wind energy.
- Geo thermal energy from earth.
- Sky energy.
- Sea - wave energy.
- Magnetic energy.
- Thermal energy.
- Biogas energy.
- Biomass energy.
- Energy from bio-waste.
- Hybrid energy, etc.
The natural primary sources of Green energy, it is in the form of as per above list and again its reform in secondary energy i.e. an 'Electrical Energy' & also known as Conventional Energy.
Use of Energy
An energy play a main role in our life from wake-up to sleeping; for running the infrastructure like lighting, fan, cooling, heating, water pumping of building & industrial utility, such as compressed-air, ETP / STP plant, air-conditioning and motor to run the machinery for production etc.
Green Building is the practice & using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building's life cycle from starting, design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and deconstruction. This building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, & create spaces for healthy and comfortable living. This is called Green building.
Green Building is also known as
- Eco Building.
- Environment Friendly Building.
And the combination of
- Energy efficient building.
- Zero energy building.
- Zero waste building.
- Intelligent building.
- Smart building.
And with the combination of Eco Infrastructure
- Use of energy from Solar & Wind energy generation.
- Solar Street Light.
- Biogas energy from kitchen / bio waste.
- Energy from toilet waste.
- Cooking & hot water system from thermal solar energy.
- Safe Drinking & efficient use of utility water.
- Rain Water Harvesting.
- Water Filtration / RO / DM / Softener plant.
- ETP / STP plant & drainage system.
- Recycle of wastewater & reuse of water for san. & garden.
- Landscape & plantation.
Intelligent or smart 'building management systems' [BMS].
Now a day, everybody is facing problem for shortage of energy & its cost. And each executive of the organization is highly busy in his routine work. Therefore, they are not able to monitor and control of the operating cost of infrastructure of the building; so that they expect automation to the independent work of each function of the building. It has called intelligent or smart 'building management systems' [BMS].
The some of, following points are to be considered for the overall project design
- Need base selection & pollution free m/c, equipment, & other material.
- Reverse engg. with lifecycle costing.
- In addition, all systems for eff. utilization, low cost operation, min. maintenance.
- Full utilization of space for m/c, equipment, & man movement.
- Design based on local environmental condition of site & EE. technology.
- Use of green energy / clean energy / renewable energy / non-conventional energy Climatic control technique used in construction for thermal, cooling, & acoustic.
- Natural energy sources used for light, air circulation / cooling, heating etc.
- Landscape garden / plantation on open space, terrace, balconies, etc. for reduction in hot emission around the building.
- Passive solar construction.
- BIPV Solar construction.
- Rain water harvesting.
- Concealed drainage and sewage control systems. Recycle & reuse of water for sanitation. & garden.
- Disposal of waste, scrap, & control system. And Try to achieve zero waste concepts.
- All this and much, much more.
The detailed engineering & design
The detailed engineering & design to be made by highly professional, who are the expert in his own field for civil, structural, energy & other infrastructure for building. The detailed drawings and bill of materials with technical specification, type, make quantity etc. to be highest accurate and error-free.
Any types of commercial organization get the following benefits.
- The reduction in capital cost due to need base selection of m/c, equipment, other material.
- Saving in time & cost due to modular & fast track construction / installation.
- The overall green project cost is lower than traditional project / systems.
- Project completion within period, so reduction in moratorium interest & pre-operative expense.
- Reduction of EB deposit and other statutory charges due perfect calculation with pre engineering.
- Saving in operating cost of Infrastructures with elect. energy bill up to 50 - 80 %.
- Low interest & soft loan scheme for green energy saving equipment.
- Govt. subsidies on specific green energy saving equipment.
- 80 + 20 % depreciation benefit under IT Act.
- Cost reduction in maintenance / breaks down due to trouble free systems.
- Ultimately, increase profit due to reduction of capital & running cost.
- Green concept is the practice of efficient use of energy, consume less water, conserve natural resources, and generate less waste.
- And create spaces for healthy and comfortable living & pollution free environment.
- And an environmentally responsible and energy efficient resources throughout a life cycle from start to end & again end to start i.e. for 3R - Reduce, Reuse & Recycle for any product / process / project.
- Now a day, green concept is a feel as new, but it is not a new, as per our historical information, thousand years of ago, our social life was 100 % eco-friendly.
- Green technology is the only solution for today & futures survive. This is a need of time.
- The Green concept is not just an environmental fad, but is one of the best solutions available for sustainable economic growth. Last few years, observed 34 % economic growth in green trades.
- A Green Energy & Environment is our life! Please do the conservation and encourage for other. It is our moral responsibility.
Complied bySN. Bhamare – Project Consultant
Mob. - 09422754999.
Email. - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web. - www.etech.org.in